Thursday, April 12, 2012

Treading Water during and after Turmoil

Yep, that's how I'm feeling - treading water. The house isn't bad, I've been keeping up with most of my ministry work for church, I've been having some fun with my knitting, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Do you get like this? In a kind of slump or rut?

Despite the family crisis that happened recently that put me into this funk, I realized I have been treading water the whole time. Without a conscious effort, I have still kept up with the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, and a few other things.This Treading Water is a good thing. It means the things I want to do daily and weekly are happening. :) These things have become habits that I can accomplish with little effort or attention.

Now, though, I want to make a move. I want to aim for the shore and get there, not just hangout in the middle of the lake. Know what I mean? So I'm putting together a page to put in my weekly schedule. Every week for me is different because of a few events that get moved around. My plan is to set up a page that I can fill in each week as to what I'm doing. I know lots of people have calendars of different kinds, but I want one page that I can erase at the end of the week and plan for the next one. Hopefully this change will motivate me for a while. :)

What can you do that will help you move towards the shore instead of just treading water in the middle of the lake?

No comments:

Post a Comment