Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Un-Madness: March 1-3

March Un-Madness is underway! These first few days have been spent with a little decluttering as well as some research and planning.

After Google-ing the topic, Spring Cleaning seems to be just about decluttering, organizing and "deep" cleaning your home. So those three things are my goal for the next little while.

In reality, I don't think I will be done by the end of March. It's going to be a bit of a job. I definitely need to go through the kids' clothes as they have items that are too small or wearing out. I would like to purge some of their toys too. Too many toys just means more mess as they really don't play with them all. I know I need a few more baskets and containers to make some storage areas work better. And well, there's always the basement - still full of too much stuff!

So, I'm just going to take it easy and not stress. The end result is to get the job done, doesn't matter how fast or slow it takes to get there. And this is my first attempt at Spring Cleaning. More of the focus is going to end up on the decluttering I think.

"Deep" Cleaning refers to some things that I don't normally do. It focuses on make sure to clean:
  1. Walls and ceiling
  2. Light fixtures, fans, vents
  3. Windows and blinds
  4. Furniture
  5. Lamps, pictures, knickknacks
I do clean these areas but more focus is needed, making sure to do top to bottom.
Plan for March 4-10:
  • The focus is upstairs (second floor) which consists of two bedrooms, a linen closet, one bathroom, and a hallway.
  • I would like to get through the linen closet and my son's clothes this week.
  • Different containers for storage in the linen closet need to be purchased.
  • Some decluttering of the top of dressers would also be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment