Thursday, November 8, 2012

Inspired....

So I've already started by Christmas baking. Every year, my sister and I get together and do it over a few days. But today as we were chatting, we were talking about how we're surrounded by recipes but we only make the same dishes over and over again. We both struggle with being creative when we come to cooking, tending to make what we know and most of our families will eat. My sister said "Why don't you use your blog?" What a great idea!

There are lots of blogs out there where the writer posts their weekly menu plans. I don't want to copy everyone else. I'm not good at menu planning anyways. I tend to just try to figure out something each day rather than planning ahead. It's going to take me a while to get into the recipe zone too. I've got a pile of printed out ones, lots saved on the computer, new showing up in my Google Reader each day, and good old fashioned recipe books. So I'm going to start this with the New Year. Here are the goals:
  • Write down (on the family calendar) meals I want to/plan to/need to make so that it will give me some kind of rough menu plan.
  • Find a new recipe for every week (so 52 recipes) to make for my family and review it.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment