Chicken and Dumplings in the Crock Pot
Ingredients1 1/2 lbs chicken pieces (legs and thighs, boneless skinless chicken breasts)
3 or 4 potatoes, cut into chunks
1 large carrot, sliced thin
2 stalks of celery, sliced thin
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 bay leaf
900 mL chicken broth
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp shortening
1/2 cup milk
Directions1. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
2. Add in vegetables, spices and pour broth over top. Stir as best as possible.
3. Cook on Low for 7 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4. Mix up flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening. Stir in milk until moistened.
5. Spoon dumplings into liquid in about 6 portions.
6. Cook for about 1/2 hour on high or until toothpick comes out of dumplings clean.